Translate

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

How to unclog a toilet?

I had to spend some time away from keyboard, sorry for that, but there is a good side of it. I faced some real life issues, and I was also able to solve them. The Thya way. :)  Here comes a technique that I learned back in Spain. And I am so thankful for that. As I am moving a lot, I don't bother spending money on things that I need only sometimes. I leave it up to the universe. Maybe I will be lucky to never need those things or if I need them I will have a nice neighbour to help me out. A thing like this is for example a plumber's helper (toilet pump). Well... life is not always what we expect is it? I was "lucky" enough to rent some apartments with terrible plumbing, and I was so desperate that I even bought some toilet pump, then I made a mess in my bathroom and I even broke the pump (yes while trying to fix the issue). A nightmare. And then a friend told me the secret. :)

The issue: 

Toilet is clogged, you do not have any toilet pump at home/ you already broke it.

To solve the issue all you need is



A mop

common mop


Plastic bag, if you have 2 it is better

bag

Scotch tape

scotch tape / sellotape


The trick is you have to fix the bags around the head of the mop with the tape. I recommend to put 2 bags there.....you do not want the mop to contact the water in your toilet do you? :) Yes and make sure there are no bigger holes on the bags. Once you fixed it we are ready to go. 

ready to go


And the technique is: You have to pump the water DOWN the toilet. It has to force it down and not backwards. So it is good if you have a little water there, because this will give you the pressure to clean your pipe. 2-3 push and it will be ok. Flush it. Wonder that "wow this is actually working"! :) Done. No need to buy anything, no need to call the plumbers.
technique

You are welcome! :)

2 comments:

  1. You are a fantastic girl! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work portable toilet rentals baton rouge

    ReplyDelete